There are various Freemason Lodges In North Yorkshire, this page is to help you find the right masonic lodge for you. You can find lodges in all the major towns or cities of North Yorkshire, including York, Skipton and Knaresborough.
Freemasonry has long been mistakenly seen as a secretive organisation and the anti-Masonic web sites, of which there are many; perpetuate a twisted view of the craft. Interestingly, there are a number of really secretive organisations. Some with questionable motives, but they are not attacked in the way Freemasonry is. But rather than dismiss their criticisms out of hand, they will be confronted, addressed and corrected.
Masonic & Freemason Lodges in North Yorkshire
Some of the various freemason lodges in the North Yorkshire & York area.
- The Provincial Grand Lodge of North Yorkshire: This is the governing body of Freemasonry in North Yorkshire. It oversees individual lodges throughout the county. The Provincial Grand Master provides leadership and guidance to the lodges under its jurisdiction.
- The York Rite: Within North Yorkshire, there are lodges affiliated with the York Rite. This is a distinct branch of Freemasonry known for its elaborate degrees and ceremonies. The York Rite lodges add a unique dimension to the Masonic experience in the region.
- Scarborough Masonic Hall: Scarborough, a coastal town in North Yorkshire, is home to its Masonic Hall. It hosts various lodges and serves as a hub for Masonic activities in the area.
- Harrogate Masonic Hall: Harrogate, another vibrant town in North Yorkshire, has its Masonic Hall. The hall accommodates several lodges and is a central location for Masonic meetings and events.
- The Pocklington Lodge: Founded in 1807, this lodge has a long and distinguished history. It has been a focal point for Masonic activities in the town for generations.
- The Union Lodge: Another prominent lodge in Pocklington, the Union Lodge, has been in existence since the early 19th century. Like many Masonic lodges, it emphasises community involvement and charitable work.
- The Harmony Lodge: Established to promote fellowship and brotherhood. Harmony Lodge in Pocklington has a reputation for its inclusive and welcoming atmosphere.
Please help and suggest some local lodges to add.
Where in North Yorkshire?
There are various masonic lodges to join in North Yorkshire including: Bedale, Filey, Kirkby, Knaresborough, Malton, Middleham, Middlesbrough, Newton le Willows, Northallerton, Pickering, Redcar, Ripon, Scarborough, Selby, Settle, Skipton, Stockton on Tees, Tadcaster, Thirsk,and Yarm.